Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Appetizers for Dinner: White Bean Dip

I had not one but two bridal showers to attend last weekend, and while they were definitely fun, they were also full of sugar. As a result, on Monday night I felt like a nice light dinner, so I decided on crostini (fancy word for little toasts) topped with White Bean Dip and my thrown-together bruschetta (not on the same toast, though). The dip was very easy- just cannellini beans pureed with red wine vinegar, olive oil, rosemary (I subbed thyme because I didn't have rosemary), and plenty of salt and pepper. It's a nice change from hummus- nice and creamy, with some bite from the rosemary and pepper.


I liked the bean dip, but I LOVE anything that combines tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil, and olive oil. All I did was mix them together and top my toasts, though I could eat that stuff straight. Served with a simple spinach salad, I had a light and healthy spring meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment