Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Citrus Sugar Cookies

To finish up my Christmas baking, I made these Citrus Sugar Cookies from the December 2009 issue of Everyday Food.  I love citrus, and the lemon added a really nice twist to these sugar cookies. This is probably my favorite Christmas cookie recipe of the 3 I tried this year. I mixed the dough in my food processor, which turned out to be a bit of an adventure since I forgot to put in my dough blade, and I used the maximum amount of flour that the processor will hold. If you use a food processor to make these, make sure you check the manual to see what yours can handle! They still managed to come together though- it just took a little extra kneading. 


The original recipe calls for royal icing, but I was too lazy for that, so I just went for sprinkles. I'm sure the icing would have been pretty delicious, but sprinkles seemed more Christmas-y to me (and definitely easier). Though these cookies were more effort than I'll usually go for in a cookie, they still seemed like a walk in the park after the Jam Filled Cream Cheese Cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment