Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Quick Chicken Marsala


One of my favorite things to order when I go out to eat is chicken marsala, but many of the recipes that I've found for this dish seem a bit more complicated than I usually feel like tackling at home. In response, I've come up with my own quick home version that has many of the same flavors. I start by dredging chicken cutlets in some flour seasoned with salt, pepper, and thyme. I saute the cutlets in a bit of olive oil and then stick them in the oven to keep them warm. Mushrooms are a key ingredient in chicken marsala, so I saute those for a bit next. After they've gone for a few minutes, I add a splash of marsala wine (another key ingredient). At this point, the chicken goes back in to meld with the mushrooms and wine. Right before I'm getting ready to serve it, I also like to add a splash of cream. Half and half works too, but it doesn't incorporate into the sauce as well. 


I like to serve the chicken with hot buttered noodles and a vegetable. While it's not as good as good restaurant chicken marsala, it satisfies the craving!

No comments:

Post a Comment