Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Blueberry Cookie Bars

I finished up my baking for the library spring party tonight by trying a new recipe- Blueberry Cookie Bars. How could I resist the combination of almond shortbread and blueberry preserves? (The almonds and blueberries mean that it's healthy- they're both superfoods, right?) I used Smucker's Orchard's Finest Northwoods Blueberry preserves, and I'm really glad I splurged- it was not too sweet and chock full of whole, juicy blueberries. The recipe made considerably more cookie dough than I was expecting, so I ended up using a 9 x 13 pan instead of the 9 x 9 pan that was called for. All that means is more cookies!!!


They turned out just a tad on the dry side, though I may have overbaked them since I used a bigger pan than was called for (the recipe calls for 35-40 minutes, and I gave them about 30). They were still delicious though- just the right amount of sweet. A few seconds in the microwave and a nice cup of tea make them even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment