Saturday, March 5, 2011

Pineapple and Black Bean Salsa

Chris and I are meeting up with some people for snacks and board games tonight, and in addition to my all time favorite appetizer, I'm also bringing some Pineapple and Black Bean Salsa. Alas, I got this recipe from the newest issue of Everyday Food, so it has not yet been posted online. However, it's so simple, you probably don't even need the recipe if you'd like to try it. It calls for black beans, pineapple (I used fresh, because it's ultra-delicious, but I imagine that canned would be alright too), red onion, jalapeno, lime juice, and cilantro (since I'm one of those people who really hates cilantro, I substituted parsley).


All you need to do is chop things up pretty finely, drain and rinse the beans, squeeze in some lime, and mix! I made this last night, and it seems like the flavors have been combining over time, so it's definitely fine to make in advance. I just love the flavor combination- the creaminess from the beans, the sweetness from the pineapple, the heat from the jalapeno, the bite from the onion, and the tang from the lime. It just tastes fresh like spring to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment