Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bean and Cheese Burritos

I've been looking for more reasonably balanced vegetarian recipes, and so I decided to try these Bean and Cheese Burritos from Everyday Food. They sounded pretty easy, and I had a lot of the ingredients on hand. I did end up modifying it slightly- I had some leftover tomato sauce, so I added that to the rice for the filling. If you have extra tomato sauce on hand, it's a nice thing to throw in for more flavor.



Once the rice is cooked, all that's basically left is assembly of the burrito. This is the hard part for me- while I do understand how it's supposed to be folded, I almost always put in too much filling and have it all fall apart on me. I guess that's okay though- it tastes good when eaten with a fork too! In fact, with the leftovers I kind of gave up and just made a burrito bowl. While this recipe took a little longer than I thought, I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of food that it made. It's supposed to be 4 servings, but I still had tons of leftover rice that's been thrown in the freezer for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment