Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Candied Citrus Peel

I'm not much of a winter person, but I do love all the citrus fruit that's around this time of year. I came across this recipe for Candied Citrus Peel, and I thought it was worth a try. It was very simple- all you need is fruit, sugar, and water. To start, you just peel the fruit with a paring knife and boil the pieces for a bit. After that's dried off some, you boil it with some simple syrup until it's candied. Once it's dry, you roll it in sugar and consume!


Though it took awhile, once you've got the oranges peeled it's mostly hands off. I'm not sure whether it's a good or a bad thing, but the recipe didn't make as much as I thought it would (perhaps good because I can't stop popping pieces of it- it tastes almost exactly like those jelly orange slices). On the plus side, I was left with some tasty orange simple syrup to mix in tea as a byproduct.

No comments:

Post a Comment