Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Six Ingredient Chicken Noodle Soup

It's been good soup weather in Iowa lately, so I thought I'd try this easy take on a classic- Six Ingredient Chicken Noodle Soup. As the title might suggest, it was pretty basic, and I actually made it even easier than the original recipe. Since I had some shredded chicken left over from making a roasted chicken awhile back, I just used that instead of poaching raw chicken in the broth. While poaching in the broth may have added more flavor, I thought the soup still turned out pretty tasty. I did stick with the recipe on the vegetables front and used only carrots and frozen peas. It'd be easy enough to add in whatever you like and have on hand though.


Overall, the soup was pretty good- not the best chicken noodle soup I've ever had, but a far cry from the worst, and  it was definitely better than canned. The main thing that I would alter if I make this again is substituting some egg noodles for the spaghetti- the spaghetti did not want to stay on the spoon.  As a bonus, I also discovered that it made way more than 4 servings- I'll get more like 6 out of it. As a result, I have some extra waiting in my freezer for a quick weeknight meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment